3/1998 iCE Pack
2. The guards kept everyone inside the grounds on our spacious compound in the glorious Florida Everglade swamp. Even better, nobody needed to be fed to "Mr. Balkie" - the happy, hungry, ambidextrous, and downright playful alligator who feeds on the artists who don't run so quickly. Not a single soul left this month.
3. Accidentally stolling by our compound's main gate on his daily hike down from Canada, we nabbed Mad-3d, whose 3d talents speak for themself. We were just about to drop him into the dripping jaws of "Mr. Balkie" when he mentioned that he can "render a little."
4. Artist Update! We were afraid our very own Mant|s was lost to the world, but we're glad to report that he is in fact, still living.. and working as the lead artist on a new upcoming Sir-Tech game entitled X-Fire, which seems to be a 3D-isometric style game. Needless to say, we couldn't be happier for him, and it's easy to see that he hasn't lost his creative flare while in the corporate world. Check out his pics this month! If you have any interest in finding out more about the game.. check out http://cgw.gamespot.com/news/2b0a.html
5. To those of you who were paying attention, "V2", the new web site, is still underway and in approaching completion at a feverish pace. For a quick teaser of what can be expected, imagine being able to search for every ansi greater than 50k that was done by multiple artists where "Count Zero" was one of the artists. Then you could look at a map to see where your favorite artist lives and travel to our message bases to take part in our virtual community.
6. iCE has dipped into another scene with it's cooperative work on Retrocade, the upcoming arcade game emulator. iCE has been working over the past few months with some extremely talented coders to develop the ultimate arcade gaming experience on your PC. We expect the first release to be out sometime within a month, so stay tuned to the releases section on WWW.ICE.ORG as well as WWW.RETROCADE.COM for more information!
7. The first batch of our ice t-shirts will soon be rolling off the conveyor belts! Stay tuned for updates!
8. This month, the award for Artist of the Month(TM) goes to... Jae! Jae has cranked out 3 great pics this month, and has been drawing constantly since late 1993 when he first joined iCE! He has shown that his style is flexible, doing cartoon ansis, then shaded ansis, then moving on to airbrushed vga, and finally rendering. You have no doubt seen his art before, but stop this month and take an extra long gander at his work - it's truly amazing.
9. We hope you enjoy our pack this month! We've put a lot of effort, sweat, and other bodily fluids into it! 'Till next month, tootles!