7/1997 iCE Pack
2. Our highly-paid recruiters disguised as religious prophets of impending doom and telephone psychics convinced the following wayward artists that salvation is in iCE this month: Fractal, who joins the ANSI team, and Cyberise in the VGA department. Also returning to the scene this month is Black Lighting, to the ANSI department. Welcome to our new mates.
3. In related news this month, former iCE ANSI Department Coordinator Lemonade has recently escaped from an evil guerilla activist group compound in Santa Clara, CA. The group captured Lemonade and held him for almost a year just to try to stop him from releasing quality ANSIs. Fret not, citrus fans, for our loveable Lemonade is back with ANSIs for the world to enjoy!
4. Nobody caught a virus in a public restroom, went skydiving without working parachutes, flew the coop, hit the road, made like a tree, orbited Earth on Mir aborted their mission, gave Magnetic M their Ultima Online CD, went fishing for shark, was two fries short of a happy meal, or left the group this month.
5. Promotion! iCE ANSI Artist Kadaver has been promoted to the vacant ANSI Coordinator position! He's already setting things in motion with the Avalanche project, as well as being involved with the ANSI team. Congrats, Kad!
6. A badly beaten, bruised, and oozing Information Systems director Lickbert reports this month that "system the UNIX and web but cold". We simply choose to ignore him now. SpaceDev has unveiled the new Frozen Delivery system on the iCE web pages, which is available for this month's iCEPACK! Check out this fresh new way to get quality art on http://www.ice.org.
7. iCE VGA talent Epoch will be releasing an iCE Special Release shortly that is related to this iCEPACK (although it will not be distributed with the main pack). It is an amazing VGA animation that is 9.2Mb in size. You can find this upcoming release (along with the archive of other iCE special releases) on ftp://ftp.ice.org/pub/special/ice-spc8.zip. Check it out!
8. Friar Tuck was reprimanded this month for going over 73 days without coming onto IRC. He explained with the coy Friar smile that, "Well, I've been busy, man". Rumor has it that Friar was off trying to start a new career as a blues guitarrist. When asked about that, Friar seemed despondant and simply said, "I just got my music, cuz I've got the blues." (It just sounds like another excuse -ed).
9. iCE ANSI artist Black Viper decided that he's going to be taking a break from the scene this past month. He will be finishing up a couple of works and resting for an indeterminate amount of time. Black Viper is known for his awesome works as well as being a group-focused member who donated his time for many months this year packing the iCEPACK at the end of the month. He will be missed, and we really appreciate all he's done for the staff and the group. Come back soon, BV!
10. Megalith's group attempt to retake Hong Kong for the Queen failed this month. BoA and his buddies were eager to help but were sidetracked on the outskirts of the city by a strange shop specializing in 'Crowes bootlegs and marijuana paraphanalia. The ogre-mages were, well, not so effective since he needed laptops to make them exist, and Megalith himself was quickly intimidated by the big tanks. Cheerio.
11. Former iCE Senior Staffer and current iCE lazy bum Midnight Sorrow has resurrected the world's most famous elite underground network, CyberCrime. He is excited about the opportunities this presents for the remaining BBSes in the scene. But even cooler, you don't even have to run a board to be a part of the network! Contact him at [email protected] for more information about being a part of the CyberCrime International world domination network.. again!
12. Another hot month, both at the beaches and in the scene. iCE is living up to the great summer expectations. Look out, because there's still a month and a half of summer left! See you next month!