6/1997 iCE Pack
2. The great vacuum of persuasion and misinformation conned the following unsuspecting art troopers into iCE this month: Mongi to the VGA team, coming to us after leaving Twilight, and Gorechild and Dreadnought to the ANSI team. Trip feels ignored, so we felt it only appropriate to mention him here as well. Therefore, Trip joined iCE again, coming to us from... uhh.. iCE! Cheers to all the newbies!
2a. Our sincerest apologies to the great Borian, who wasn't mentioned last month in the NFO file as Force Ten was beaten with a rowing paddle and was unable to function within normal parameters. Borian rejoined iCE last month and we're very happy to have him. Welcome!
2b. (Or not 2b? Nevermind..) The first person in ages to escape from the frozen religious compound this month was Overbored, who left to join Twilight. We wished him well with his future endeavors, but only after everyone ran to the top of the barracks and shot spitballs at him through straws.
3. A new man after returning from Jae's torture chamber, Information Systems director Lickbert proudly proclaims "zug-zug, dahboo, swoahvoo!". Therefore, we had to beat him silly. But, Farmicus reports that the new secret UNIX tricks won't be a secret anymore. He also wonders if anyone cares. SpaceDev aka Vlad the wonder monkey is working on a new addition to the iCE web pages. While iCE works hard on version 2 (lovingly named v2 internally), the Vlad-ape has taken it upon himself to add a new service to the page for iCE fans! Check out the pages in the next week or two!
4. In the stealth artist of the month club, we'd like to declassify the once private information that Kyp is indeed a member of iCE. While you might not realize that by looking at the memberlist the last few months, you must realize that Kyp was our secret agent overseas mobilizing art troops to combat against scattered anti-iCE demonstrations. He retired, and thus will be recognized now as a member of the group. Thanks for your hard work, Kyp!
5. In the 'wow that's pretty darn cool' department, iCE is proud to announce that we are now releasing TTF (True Type Fonts) fonts in the pack. These fonts are used for Windows 95/NT/etc, and are just really awesome. It's a very new art form for the 'scene', and is a very creative medium. hFaze is the first iCE artist to release TTFs in a pack, and to our knowledge, the first scene artist to release TTFs in *any* pack. Kudos!
6. In other news, it was revealed to secret sources this month that Kabal 13 was raped and abused by four women in the span of a week. Kabal, who lost a videotape of sex and a small rubber ducky in the week, said merely "God damn it just gets worse! First SSH, now this!?" We understand, Kabal. He also angrily complained that his former girlfriend and voluptuous naked model chick left him for a hot dog stand owner. At least Kabal still has the special sauce...
6a. We'd just like to say that that was an utterly disgusting last line to the previous news story. "Stop that, it's silly."
7. iCE would like to congratulate all of the members who graduated high school this past June. Enjoy the final summer before college... cuz the real world is right around the corner.
7b. We would also like to thank Tempus to rip Slum Dweller's font.
8. Megalith was bloody pissed about his England giving Hong Kong back to the Chinese. Therefore, he's organized a small army made up of iCE members, BoA's buddies from the Black Crowes tours, and ogre-mages. This army will invade China from the Mongolian border. They expect a quick victory. When asked why he's doing this, Megalith spat "For the bloody queen, mate!" Indeed.
9. Unidentified Flying Objects were spotted in Arizona traveling in groups this past month. People there were confused and amazed, especially since radar could not pick up the objects, and military reported no military activity in the area. One child yelled "Independence Day Independence Day" until his dad smacked him. But, iCE must douse the excitement. It wasn't really a UFO, but rather Tonedef and Renderbrandt and Tiny3d in their newly rendered flying machines. Oops!
10. And for those who complain that iCE doesn't have an ASCII department and that we have alienated the world's ASCII community (we didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings), this is for you! iCE's Aneurysm is sponsoring an ASCII drawing contest! Prizes are valuable to any artist, we're told. More details can be found at http://www.vfive.com/~vincenzo/ascii.html. Good Luck!
11. Once again a stellar pack that was out of this world (nothing like keeping to a theme here, eh?) iCE keeps getting better, and it keeps getting better to be iCE. Can't wait to see what the summer has in store for us. Keep it here, folks. See you next month.