7/1996 iCE Pack
2. Over the past few months, iCE has grown exponentially. While our member listing is more or less the same as it usually is, our overall group has become more robust (yes, an industry buzzword!). It was thus decided that we reinstate the iCE Advisory Council position. The advisors are more or less like a junior staff, and work with the Senior Staff and department heads. Congratulations go to Aphid Twix, Magnetic M, and Mass Delusion on their promotions to the Council!
3. On the olympic front, iCE has won gold in rendering, doodling, and pixel jumping, silver in maniacal rantings and frozen-pole licking, and a bronze in the newest olympic event, turnip farming!
4. Another ice.org update! We've added our very own news server to the wildly impressive list of ice.org services! Our upstanding artists will, of course, be sticking to the art-related newsgroups, although word on the street has Devastator checking out alt.eastern.european.sex.sex.sex!
5. A barstool and a beer this month to new pixel-pushers Eporue and Nixus. Two new VGA artists with spectacular new perspectives. Enjoy their work while sitting. Also signing up this month was Egoteq in the ANSI division, who teases viewers everywhere with his seductive ANSI sketches. And, last, but most definately not least, a big 'allo to Citizen Blue in the Members section. Citizen Blue is one of the few, the proud, the ice.org admins, and has been more than tremendous in that painful(?) task. Welcome all!
5b. Spring came late this year, as five members returned from inactivity. They are (drumroll please...) Final Descendant, hFaze, and Salmon in VGA, Gman in ANSI, and Natex (aka Microsoft Natex 95) in the coding department. Excuse them for being a bit wet, but we've been watering them for months!
5c. We must also bid a fond farewell to departing brethren Defiant and Fluor, who left for Samsamar, and to Zarkon, who left for Legend v2. Good luck all of you in your future endeavors.
6. We were going to put a lawsuit threat in this NFO file, but we were quickly contacted by lawyers of another group who told us that doing so would violate their lawsuit threat, in which case, they'd be forced to sue us, which would cause us to sue them back, which would in turn require them to sue not only us, but the International Olympic Committee and Jimmy Carter, since he's from Georgia.
6b. However, if we don't use the word "sue" then we won't be sued, so if you reproduce, retransmit, use, or sell this pack or artwork contained within without the expressed written consent of iCE, we will be guilty of legal maneuvering against you.
6c. I was forced by contract to inform you that we were informed by another groups lawyers saying that we implied the word "sue" and therefore, we deserved a slap on the wrist.
7. After learning a new magic trick, the following iCE members forgot how to undo the trick, and have vanished into inactivity: Spiff, Grendel, Highness, Lord Carnuss, Mephistopheles, Shaggy, Tempus Thales, Veks, Mascot, Nuke Dawg, Shockwave, Supreme, Musicphreak, and all of FUEL/iCE Euro (except for Thrasher).
8. 99 Bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer...
8b. Take one down, pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall..
8c. 98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer...
8d. Take one..(WHUMP!) ouch. sorry.
9. People have been asking about advertising, as it COULD be sort-of construed in a ROUND ABOUT way that we support things for money, etc... This is just simply NOT true, and I'd just like everyone to know that.
9b. Thank you to our July sponsors Schmedtek Inc, Gordon Lund Industries, and Miller Medical for their support.
10. Syntax update! Syntax Error has returned from Las Vegas and the Keys, and brought back pretty pictures and new women. When asked about his manly exploits, Syntax proudly asked "What do you mean manly?"
11. On a more serious note, we are still taking web site (paying) requests. Our team of html coders and graphic designers is willing and ready to be put to work. Visit the award-winning web site http://www.ice.org for more details on how to put iCE to work for you!
12. Another rad month! And the naysayers were proven wrong about us once again. iCE is friendly, strong, stable, and striding towards bigger goals. Keep up the great work; you guys and gals sure are an inspiration to many others in our little microcosm. As always, we're more than proud to be iCE!