December, 2001 iCE Pack
1. We get to start the new year off with a joyful announcement. We'd love to welcome DJ MonkeyBoy to iCE! Despite the name, he's really a cool guy and we're going to enjoy bringing his art to you. We had to tell him no on the photo-mosiacs from his recent trip to Dover, Delaware, but his other stuff, well, aside from his award-winning "Most Filtered 2001" pic and his "Lens Flare Olympics" pics, are all really impressive. (See, it pays to join iCE on months where we accept more than one person. That way you only get 1/N of the made-up abuse, rather than all of it)
2. Three new quilts coming your way this month! Yeah, those crazy awesome members of tiles.ice.org are cranking them out. This month is an untitled quilt filled with cuddly computers and high powered critters. We have also completed our large tribute quilt to the great M.C. Escher. Finally, we have our fantastic "Train Ride" quilt digitally remastered into a cool flash form. Once again we prove that collaborative artwork kicks more ass than empyrean kicks mad phat beats.
3. Bit of an announcement this month... it seems as though Gecko wants everyone to know that she thinks cabbage is sexy. And she shares some warm fuzzies with you.
4. Be sure to check out our tutorial by Mongi this month. It's a fantastic step-by-step on how to draw a portrait (much like last month's, but until you guys do it right we'll just have to keep trying to teach it :). Thanks Mongi, you get a gold star sticker on your report.
5. Also this month, see our interview with Tetanus. Tim is a really interesting artist, and he has some things to say. So go check it out.
6. Be sure to check out our flash animations this month, from DJ MonkeyBoy and our Train Ride quilt. DJ MonkeyBoy has given us a great vector pack for everyone to share and enjoy - you're free to take his vector art and do whatever you want with it.
7. Apologies for the few extra days to get the pack out. We Staffers were a enjoying our New Years a bit too much, and then it took an extra couple of days to get the flash stuff all finished up. You have our apologies!
8. That's all - enjoy the pack! Seeya next month!
Kudos to all, and looking forward to watching you folks outdo yourselves next month.
I can do one too!
BIOMEDICAL DISTRICT CINDYA
- no flaming
- no insulting people or art
- and no trolling
therefore i really have nothing to say.
but I thought Acid pack 94 was better..
They dont release monthly so its normal I guess.
Just because I joined ice in 1993 and started right in the middle of the bitter, bitter war with ACiD, I just need to point out something I take some pride in. iCE was formed after ACiD was, and this was our 113th pack, since we have never missed a month since we started releasing packs in August of 1992.
Show me where I can view acid-94. I'm in shock that acid came out with a new pack :)
Gogglegirl's pic is really cool though.
I think that Jack the Ripper is the best rip artist this scene ever had.
("rip" not the obsolete vector graphic file format ;)
It shows that ACiD is a group that is really mind open (to tell you the truth, I never thought it was before they accepted Jack).
When I started, I tought ACiD was the coolest ansi-group out there, with iCE as a strong second... When things changed to VGA tho, ACiD just lost it's glory...
Thank you for sharing your work,
Keep the great ideas coming.
check it out if you like.