About iCE Advertisements
iCE is a digital art group, founded in 1991. Initially iCE created ANSI artwork for bulletin board systems (BBS's). Shortly after, members were creating high resolution artwork, multimedia demos, fonts, music, and horrendous .LIT files. As the internet took over just about everything, there were few BBS's left to display ANSI art, and the group seemed to be fading away. That all changed in 2000, when Slothy's invention of Tiles created a huge surge of artwork and members. There are over 20,000 original pieces of art in tiles, creating over 200 quilts.
Great! So what the hell happened?
It's well known that nothing gets done in an art group without senior staff regularly flogging members. It is also well known that a good flogging arm gets worn beyond usefulness over a few short years, after which new senior staff members must be groomed.
In 2005, it was Raganaga's lone turn to carry the load. The stress of the job literally killed him. Seriously, he died, and everything went to suck.
While the leaderless ship of iCE floated adrift, a major PHP upgrade rendered all the existing
web site code useless. In an epic eight year battle royal, Root88, Darkmage, Gecko, and Farmy fought to see who had the right to
ressurect the web site. Root88 prevailed, and you see the result here today.
What is dead may never die.
This is just the beginning...
How can I help?
- Browse and enjoy all the existing artwork.
- Report bugs to Root88
- Send new site ideas to Root88
- Ask Farmy for a shell account.
- If you are a member, upload some of the artwork you created during the dark years.
- If you are not a member and you are an artist, apply to the group!
- Tell your friends. Twitter, Facebook, whatever.
- Be active on the forums.
- Know html/css3? Create your own theme for ice.org.
- Hug your senior staff members (Root88, MassD). Massage their flogging arms.
Most Prolific iCE Artists
|Releases||Artist||Active From||Active To|
|65||Cold and Ugly||.||.|
|41||The Night Angel||.||.|