1/1996 iCE Pack
2. Numerous changes to the memberlist this month. We'd like to welcome Kabal 13 to the fold, an excellent artist whose pictures will speak for themselves. Kamikazee comes back with an ANSI that will make you shiver twice. Isosceles and Maestro also return from places beyond the horizon. We would also like to welcome Snake Grunger, whose ansi talents are outstanding. On a sad note, Chromatik has left the scene, and The Green Hornet rejoined DARK. In this pack we are releasing CK's Goodbye ansi, entitled "Hello" :) He did not mean for this to be released in the iCE Pack, but we're doing it as a (sadly) last favor to him. We want to quickly restate that iCE does not wish to alienate any members of the group or discourage any group of people from applying, and that all ideas expressed in the pack are the views of the individual artists, and do not represent group policy. Regardless, we wish both CK and TGH well in all their future endeavors. Finally, due to a violent fever, Magnetic M left for Legend, but once he awoke and noticed the new tatoo he returned to iCE. A cry of "Who likes a sailor then?" went up as the group spontaneously felt bashful.
2a. The staff would like to apologize to Apox for forgetting his name in the past pack. Apox, you have one 'kick Syntax in the head' certificate, void in 40 states as well as where prohibited, except in the case of a healthy traumatization.
2b. The staff would also like to apologize to Slothy for not announcing his official "coming out" day, on December 22, 1995. He proudly wears his pink triangle in support of ankle grabbers around the world. We sincerely regret not making light of this most important announcement.
3. Defective Mind's board, Black Sunshine, has retired. Apparently the software left a note on the keyboard about having found a good woman in a Waffle House and leaving for Tahiti. Go figure. In other news, nobody else retired that anyone can think of. What this has to do with iCE News has yet to be seen, however, Greater Evil was caught "red-handed" as it were during a routine yak molestation. His court date is at noon on February 17th in the 4th room on the left at the town Court. Everyone is invited to Attend. Oh, silly me... he lives in Georgia. Sheesh, we almost forgot to tell you where it was.
4. iCE is back on FTP, finally. The folks at wit.com noticed our defunct site during a reorganization and contacted us about bringing it back online. While we're a little slow doing the reorganization, you will begin seeing the archives on ftp://harmony.wit.com/ice in the near future. Bear with us for a few weeks while we get everything running smoothly again and oil all the gears and water the plants and blow the old air out of the lungs of all the dead bodies. I think.
5. Just a note about Surreal Logic's Web magazine, NetherwOrld. This is a non-iCE Affiliated magazine, and we just wanted to give him some extra publicity. The URL for NetherwOrld will be: http://deadbaby.res.wpi.edu/nworld/ It will be up in about a week. Anyone wanting to write an article/ review packs/do artwork for the online magazine should contact Surreal Logic or his mother, as she gets lonely with nothing to do except go surfing on the Baywatch beach, although this requires her to have a weekly disaster whilst swimming, which her doctor told her to watch out for.
6. That damn Squidgalator ][. He gets almost as many awards as our musicians. Heretics, his demo group, won first place at the OZ96 demo competition. Their demo can be found, like most everything else, at ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/demos/incoming/OZ96/demo/htc-gunk.zip
7. Tran, our favorite unaffiliated demo coder, has created another spectacular dose of what has made him famous. The music was done by Basehead. You can get this one at, you guessed it, ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/demos/alpha/1996/l/luminati.zip This is a definate MUST-SEE. You should have a decent computer (dx2-66 or better to really enjoy it), and a soundcard helps to hear some of Basehead's amazing tuneage. But make time to get this one, as it's just absolutely amazing.
8. iCE would like to announce their birthday present for the now 27-year old Tired Fuck, err... Friar Tuck. We're all getting together and buying him grammar lessons! We figure someone who can pull down as much $$$ as Tuck can should at least know that you put two spaces after a period. We're fairly sure he knew about the fact that you're supposed to wait a certain amount after every period before starting up again, but maybe we were wrong. If you are a demented person after reading this then you have the undying respect of all the little people of America and beyond.
9. Just a quick sad note. Squidgalator ][ had a huge hard drive crash, and as a result, our OZ HQ is now only a memory. We are not currently looking for a new one, so please don't email us asking for the position.
10. Kudos goes out to all the iCE artists for another wonderful month of fun and good times. As other groups find themselves missing monthly packs, dying due to lack of interest, or forming just for the hell of it, iCE has maintained a leadership role in innovation and breakthrough artwork. We enjoy each and every one of you members of iCE, and look forward to many continuing months of s uccess and enjoyment in the future.
Sincerely, Richard M. Nixon SAUCE00iCE Information iCE Staff iCE Advertisements 19960201# P