10/1997 iCE Pack
2. Unfortunately, this month has a sad overtone to it. iCE is very sorry to announce the passing of iCE VGA artist Levi Dedi, aka Night Daemon. Levi was an amazing artist who managed to make everyone around him smile. Levi was an integral part of iCE, and we feel that some of the fabric that makes us whole is gone forever. Levi will be missed dearly. Much work has gone into tracking down the last remaining incomplete works by Night Daemon, as well as tribute material from his friends from all over the scene. We have posted some of it to http://shalom.ice.org on the web. If you'd like to contribute, we welcome it - just email [email protected] and Rainmaker will take care of it. God speed, Levi. Rest in peace.
3. The iCE nuclear arms inspection team scrubbed behind a few corners and plucked up a few grimy new radioactive artists! iCE welcomes Poweronx and Darkmage to the VGA team. These guys are excellent - don't miss their work as featured in the pack this month. iCE would also like to welcome Fluor back to the group this month, rejoining the ANSI logomafia team. A big sloppy happy welcome to all!
4. The iCE chief security officer managed to contain all attempts to flee the starbase this month. Nobody got away, but several disgruntled members made it to the brig, where they are served cold oatmeal and tap water. One of the more outspoken was an infuriated Friar Tuck, who came out of hiding to lead one of the incursions. "How the hell am I supposed to survive without nachos?!", he spat. Indeed!
5. Newly psychoanalyzed Information Systems Director Lickbert came to the podium and reported that Sanctuary(tm) will be delayed due to some logistical problems. It will return shortly. Keep your eyes here fore more. But the iCE IRC server, irc.ice.org, has returned to X-Net full force this month. Check it out if you're looking for an elite new network.
6. Recently there has been a disturbing amount of people who feel that they can steal the original copyrighted artwork from the iCE web page and use it on their own. We would like to help stem the tide a bit by publicy stating that under NO circumstances is iCE artwork on the web site, or previously on the web site, to be used on another web site without the expressed written consent of iCE and the iCE senior staff. All images are Copyright (C) iCE and the originating artist.
7. Another high-quality month that you've come to expect from iCE. While the quantity is a bit under the normal level, certain unfortunate circumstances beyond our control caught most of our attention this month. The heartfelt feelings and strength that the group showed during the tragedy this month was inspiring. And I'd also like to say how wonderful it was to see that, for a little while, the scene was one big family. Maybe that isn't such a dim possibility after all. I'd like to dedicate this pack and the rest of 1997 to the memory of Levi Dedi. This was a good pack, but there's one person who never got to see it. Please check out http://shalom.ice.org, and help us to build as much into it as we can. It's still a work in progress, and hopefully it always will be... See you next month.