2/1998 iCE Pack
2. iCE Middle East ambassador Barchip Swizcheez released a statement today regarding the evil empire known as iCE: "We are fighting the war of God. iCE is an evil tyrannical empire! They use the golden pixel! How dare they! I call for a Jihad!" iCE therefore recommends that all artists in the region evacuate immediately.
2a. Contrary to popular belief, Cold and Ugly is not Saddam Hussein.
3. Human Resources Director Stinkbert reports that nobody was allowed to enter the palace gates and join the commune this month. However, Stinkbert expunged the news that new iCE hires artist Mli (joined January 1998) has officially changed her handle to "Tear". Her first works appear in this edition of the iCEPACK. Stinky also released a burst of news, announcing that Pnakotic has been reactivated this month! Stinkbert also thought it was a gas that Lord Soth said he stinks at his job.
4. The second monthly Artist of the Month(tm) award this month goes to........ (drumroll please)......... Tim Wallace! Tim burst into the iCE scene with some really amazing artwork. Not only is his work high quality, but he's managed to release 9 images in 1998 already, an astounding 4.5 images/month average. As a newer artist in iCE, it's great to see such dedication to quality. Congrats, Tim! Keep up the great work!
5. The iCE Olympic Team came back from Nagano '98 with a box of sushi, some chopsticks, a bunch of ginger sauce, and some ginko extract. Unfortunately, nobody medaled in any event. The iCE Hockey Team, coached by Rainmaker and trained by Syntax Error, lost all of its games in the preliminary round to France. In fact, the only sport where iCE came close was Alpine Skiing, where Jae finished fourth after accidentally falling down the slope trying to tie his shoes. While he wasn't officially entered in the event, judges were very impressed with his unorthodox style and allowed his time to be official.
6. Nobody was able to override engineering, repair a plasma conduit, replicate a phase transducer, stabilize the warp core, re-route power from secondary systems, join an away team, disobey orders, fire at will, assimilate cultures, enter a liquid dimension, make it so, have carnal relations with Seven of Nine, or leave the group this month.
7. Information Systems director Turdo started his new position this month with a press conference. Many people in the media felt, however, that he was full of [email protected] Either way, he reports that the reason the web site has not been updated for recent packs is that the new web site is almost ready. But the real reason has to do with a glass smoking device at Aneurysms place and a pair of excessively large "juggs" at Devastator's. Turdo hopes that this problem will be, uh, rectified soon...
8. Another awesome month. The entire team put out another great effort to lead the art world into the spring. But the iCE won't melt, and we'll see you next month. Same bat time, same bat pack.