2/1993 iCE Pack
As some of you may know, iCE recently obtained the services of some excellent European ANSI talents. The former group CORP has joined iCE, bringing Genesis, Sparr, and Wiz to the iCE Team. CORP, from Finland, was well known for the remarkably high quality ANSI talents from Europe, a land dominated by the fast paced ascii Amiga scene.
Genesis will act as the European VP of iCE and will coordinate things out of our new European Headquarters, Baudville.
Welcome, welcome! -- Toxic Freak, from the famed northern sector up in the 'frozen wastelands of canada' (quote copyright 1992 paul muad'dib. all rights reserved :>) is perhaps one of the brightest new talents in the ANSI scene. He began drawing ANSI about three weeks ago and has shown remarkable improvement. In the future, watch for him being one of the best in the world. -- Leper Messiah, formerly of Spit, has joined the group after a pretty impressive iCE Trial period which showed remarkable improvement. Working with Shihear Kallizad, Leper has become quite a prominent artist. -- In the coding section of iCE, we welcome two new members! The first, The Shadow, formerly of ACiD, has joined up with iCE to work with Eight Ball and Mad Hatter up in Ontario on VGAs/Demos. The second, Ford Prefect, is a coder from Israel. Welcome aboard! -- Finally, another late welcome to Metal Head, Senior Staff member. He was left out in the December pack's .NFO so I figured we'll greet him TWICE in a row. Do-verrrrr....
2. If anyone was confused about the former 'iCE Division' ideals and controversy, the situation was settled nicely and the artists in question are warmly welcome in iCE. To those who don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry about it, it's too long a story...
3. Well, February was supposedly Taking Care Of It's Own Month, but that seemed to just spur less artwork :>.. Actually, a number of artists had some distractions this month due to midterms or school or .... Valentine's Day. Damn women want February to be Valentine's Month. :>...
4. In a remarkable event, iCE's very own Quick Silver has thanked HIMSELF for ripping Slum's font. While it was obvious that Slum's fonts were being ripped left and right, this is a precedent setting event.
5. This month's iCEPACK embarks on a new level of art. Now we include a plethora of literature and music as well as visual art. Welcome to Israfel as a poet.
6. Rivendell, the iCE WORLD HEADQUARTERS, can be reached at 201-808-5574. (cheap-ass plug)
7. Tempus Thales and Midnight Sorrow last week have started up a fight, where they now hold great animosity towards each other. The fight began regarding Tempus' desiring to be a site for ESP, a techno-music group. Midnight decided that Tempus would just try to recruit ESP members to iCE. To qualm any fears, we had no intention of this and are sorry for any confusion.
8. .siht daer t'nod esaelP
9. Yes, someone NEW is doing the iCEPACK! Me! :) Only temporary...
10. Finally, as some of you might have noticed, the active member-list has been trimmed drastically. Artists may have simply been left off due to non-production in a few months, drops in quality, or a question of their membership. But in any event, you can see we are not as big as we used to be... hmm.
And so ends yet another spectacular month of iCE art.
On behalf of the staff of iCE,
- Force Ten iCE Senior Staff Member
Greets to: Tempus Thales: Someone better find you a JOB! Metal Head: Thanks for all the help, guy. Midnight Sorrow: Keep up the good work - you're our best helper and supporter. Genesis/boys: Welcome aboard.. hope you'll be in for a long time. Quick Silver: Absolutely no hard feelings.. Welcome back to the 'swing of things'. Eternal Darkness: Can we make the bunny the official iCE Mascot? Blade Runner: Hey where's that ANSI? Need a board? Rivendell? Tormented Soul: Once again, a heads-up play. Master of Puppets: Music to my ears! Keep it up! Toxic Freak: Amazing, and you just started! Logan: Have fun in the play, come back soon. Marshal Law: Luck will find you soon.. Hold your head up. Black Wolf: Thanks for always entrusting me when you were having trouble with others - and letting us work out what was needed. We're holding up our end like I promised. Captain Kaos: Thanks for the 'goods'. Eight Ball: Ottawa Senators. Hehe. When are you going to emigrate and get it over with? Lord Mischief: I have another question for your mom.. :>
And the iCE Team: Once again, a good show. Lets BETTER it in March.