4/1996 iCE Pack
2. ftp.ice.org has hit the scene! on a T1 line, with lots of goodies, you can find all the iCEPacks on there, in /pub/icepacks. Thanks to the kind soul of Force Ten for this kickass machine. www.ice.org is about 98.92736238263% done (whoops, buggy pentium) so we hope to have that out for you early this month. In addition, the site houses UNIX accounts for our members. The entrance of ice.org and all of it's offspring ushers in a new era for us, and we look forward to the many benefits it will bring about, such as a complimentary fondue party for all iCE members. BYOF (Bring Your Own Forks).
3. The Propaganda wing of the iCE Republican Army struck again with a statement that they have video footage of Princess Diana and Pat Buchanan doing the watusi on a hidden beach in Pago-Pago. Pat was quoted as saying "mrff.. glop brgh" and when reached for comment, the Queen said "hey, is that a can of cheese-whiz you're carrying?"
4. A very warm welcome to Inner Vision and Fluor from ACiD. These guys bring a wealth of ANSI talent to the party, as Zaico has for the iCE Euro team. Greater Evil found a pair of talented coders named Primus and Purple, from whom you can expect to see great things. And the VGA team picked up Vortex, whose eye candy ranks right up there. The music team did not pick up anyone, although they were seen growling seductively at a passing construction worker in cutoff jeans.
4b. In related group swapping news, two members of the group stepped down from their positions in iCE to persue grass roots groups. Surreal Logic took up a leadership position in a group called mOp, and Misfit decided to focus his efforts on his local group, called Apathy. It's never a pleasant thing to say goodbye to two friends, but we wish them all the best with whatever they do, and hope that they realize how much we enjoyed having them around. Pass the Kleenex (tm).
5. In other unrelated ungroup news, Lemonade and Nibbles were found playing nookie with each other in the local park. What's even stranger was the laptop-in-women's clothing that he used to run the ferret bot.
6. Aphidtwix's new web page can be found at http://www.io.com/~verved. Lord Soth has begun making a webpage, but the other staffers kindly asked him to remove the flaming pink from the background, as it contrasted with the chartreuse scarf he's wearing in that picture. Besides, with the telecommunications bill in place, he still can't legally show those photos of him and his plentiful pets.
7. I have an itch. These burlap pants suck. I don't know how Rod Stewart does it. What's even more perplexing, is how Rachel puts up with that. She could have any man she wants, more or less..
8. NJ/NY 4, TB 3 (shootout). SUPPORT MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER!
8b. iCE didn't say that because they paid us to, you know.
8c. No, it's true! We have no contract with MLS.
8d. Well, if they wanted one we'd do it, but we don't, so we didn't.
9. A superhuge(tm) thanks goes out to Steve, Rob, Tal, and Dave for helping Syntax beyond the call of duty on the webpages.. we're almost done guys! And a congratulations goes out to all our artists for continuing the fine art work and friendship that we've experienced in the group... it doesn't get much better than this, boys. Except maybe being locked in a truck full of gorgeous members of the opposite sex who are all extremely "playful" and happy to meet you. Then you could whip out the travel pocket games and take them all on. Travel checkers is our favorite although it's too easy to lose the pieces.
10. The folks at Irish Spring called to capture the scent of some of our waterfall artwork. We had to turn down their request, because for one, we aren't an Irish group, and for two, Lord Soth's been sitting on our waterfall pictures for far too long to be able to be proud of their scent any longer. Sorry. Lord Soth replied calmly, "Not until you're done renovating" as the kind men in white suits wheeled him away. He was then charged with impersonating a tree, although it isn't sure whether the police have photo evidence. Witnesses say drinking was not a factor.
11. I would like to thank all of the members of the group this month who have showed the maturity and mutual respect to always be a team even when differing opinions are discussed. I thought I couldn't be prouder of iCE, but I was wrong ... again.
12. The iCE Romance Division(tm) brings news that Anarchy and Aphex Twin have become engaged to be married. No joke, folks, it's the real deal. Congratulations from the entire group!!