1/1993 iCE Pack
The big news this month is that Bladerunner, formerly of ACiD Productions, has become a member of iCE. He is best known for his animations which deal with perspective, and his incredible artist talent. The majority of his ansi's are entirely his own art.
With him as always is Garth, hehe..j/k.. Eerie Smith, a devoted courier, and sysop of Korova Milkbar - The South 3o5 iCE Distribution Site. -- Spectral Illusion, formerly of ACiD Productions, and one-time member of iCE during the TNO era, has re-joined iCE recently. Welcome back man, QS can't wait to talk to you again. -- Ultra Vires (Vy-rez), a fellow human, became a member of iCE during the course of this month. His claim to fame could be: The shortest iCE Trial stint ever. His first iCE Trial ansi (Here in the iCEPACK) earned him the status of a full member. Nice to have you aboard! -- In the coding/programming area, we welcome Draeden into iCE this month. A coder who's knowlege and skills in the area's of vector, bitmapping, and texture mapping earn him a place as one of the top coders at iCE. Soon, our artists/coders will be able to give Europe a run for it's money! -- Last, but certainly not least, a belated welcome in to the newest Senior Staff member, Metal Head. He should've been introduced last month, but umm...uhh..I was struck by alien rays and got sporatic amnesia! Yes. The former president of a group which merged with MiRAGE, left to restart another group of his own, many of you know it as Legacy. After running the very successful group alongside Black Ire for a short time, he left on good terms to help iCE fill the void left by Lord Mischief. LM's modem expired, some time ago, but we expect he'll be back sometime in the near future.
2. Infinite Darkness, the iCE Southern Headquarters is back up, and CCi is running at 3/4 steam! Grin... just need that Western Hub!
Korova Milkbar, iCE Distribution Site, is back up and now with 5oo megs!
Sanctuary(tm) exists! (ok, ok..cheap plug..grin)
Exodus, is a new Distribution Site located in Luxemborg, Europe.
3. We've stopped starting the iCE Amiga thing, due to lack of interest.
4. Less artists have been spotted ripping Slum's font, but it's still alive, there are several variations on the theme in this month's pack.
5. The artwork in this month's iCEPACK has collectively reached a new high, congrat's guys, let's keep it like this!
6. It's recently come to our attention here that the artists at ACiD, unlike the artists at iCE, are into "Quality not Quantity". We've talked to many of the guys about this, and from all of us to Tank of ACiD Productions, we'd just like to say: It's news to us!
8. A new standard has been adopted for naming the iCEPACK's. Because the old method would cause ridiculous confusion if it was continued, we're naming it like so: ICE-193.ZIP ^^^ ~^^ ³ ³ ÀÄÄÄÄ The year. ³ ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄ The number of the month. ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ Represents what the artists of iCE have produced, and what the group as a whole has officially released that month.
9. By request of Shihear Kallizad, and the fact that it seems to be a good idea..grin, we'd like to dedicate February 1993 as the "iCE- Taking care of it's Own" month. What on earth does that mean? Basically, we'd like to achieve our goal of AT LEAST ONE AD FOR EVERY iCE AFILLIATED BOARD. It's going to be up to the artists in the group to make this happen because the staff isn't going to be able to coordinate it. If you've got a couple pictures, or ideas that aren't for a board yet, find an iCE Site, Member board, or HQ and do it for that board. Remember, it's up to you, the artists, to make this work.
This wraps up another great month of artwork, and the start of a new year.
On behalf of the staff of iCE,
- Tempus Thales iCE Senior Staff Member
Greets to: Icy iCE Baby, Sorry I forgot your name last month, but after
the work this month, who could forget?
Liquid Image, FOUR? Wow! TMT better wake up soon! :)
Force Ten, *YAWN*
The rest of the iCE guys, remember the work this month the next
time we have a month like October, see
what can happen if you stick with it?
The rest of the iCE guys, remember the work this month the next time we have a month like October, see what can happen if you stick with it?