July, 2001 iCE Pack
2. We'd like to welcome Optical Shock to ice! He is fascinated by aluminum shiny things and he prefers to be called Nancy, unless he is dressed as Spot, in which case he prefers to be called Nancy.
3. We would also like to welcome Quesim this month! Quesim is a swinging single artist who enjoys belly dancing and says he hates it when women think they know how many pennies are in the jar.
4. Next up, we have Saiyan! Saiyan joins us from deep within the jungles of Switzerland, just to the left of the famous Mayan temples of Geneva. Saiyan is not a banker, and he claims that he can convert "text to speech" more realistically than any software package!
5. Pedro, aka Pete Hernandez joins us as well! Pedro doesn't train snakes, and his claim to fame is in using tiny little 1's and 0's from his home PC to make pictures. He also can cause an instantaneous solar eclipse when he sneezes or tells people that he is made of plastic.
6. We have also gained a rare specimen of the endangered Sleeping Tiger. Patricia says she is firmy rooted in fact, and claims that she is the product of evolution. She enjoys dreaming of throwing bits of cloth into active volcanos.
7. Earlier this month we held the 2001 iCE Con in Virginia. While many of the photos were confiscated by the police, the memories will last at least a few weeks. We had about 10 iCE members show up, and we partied quite heartily and had a great time together. Those who missed it were heard saying such woeful statements as, "Man! I didn't know the A-Team was on tv!" and "Holy Circus! We need more hostages!"
8. This month marks our 108th pack, or 9 full years of monthly packs! Congrats to the over 600 members who have helped this organization release over 4,300 pieces of art for the world to enjoy. We have seen our amateur members turn into full blown Hollywood artists doing film work, work on computer games, become doctors, and the large majority who have just remained great friends and talented artists. We salute each and every one of you and hope everyone continues to find success as we begin our 10th year of packs! Thanks again, everyone. I hope in another 11 years (iCE was started in 1990) we can look back as the same amount of growth and success we have had in our first 11 years.
Fruits and Vegetables,
Slothy, Mass Delusion, Spot, and Root88
yeah...it sucks! but I do know that the program came out. I had proof of it on that disk. That program was pretty slick. you change ANSI characters...change the color values(256 or more), use lines, boxes, etc to draw. quite impressive really.
and anyone here on the message board know where I can download idraw or icedraw??
excellent website, I'm a new visitor since some time and I think you guys do an excellent job. But I've noticed that now we're in September but the August pack is not online yet. Will there be an August pack ? (I sure hope so).
Keep up the good work