8/1996 iCE Pack
2. The Advisory Council has had its first change of personnel! Due to personal reasons, Magnetic M has stepped down from the advisory council to return to being a full-time artist within the group. Replacing him is Cold and Ugly, hailing from the ANSI division. Congratulations to CU, and good luck to Maggie, who always did a great job with the packs!
3. In the ice.org department, iCE is currently working on removing some of the superfluous services off the network to increase bandwidth. Also, we're now working on mirroring the ftp site to increase your ability to receive the packs quickly and efficiently. More on this soon!
4. iCE welcomes the following new members to the group this month: Wix/Penta2, Overbored, and Soul Assassin. Wix is a new addition to the VGA team, and has worked with last month's rookie artist Nixus. Overbored is the latest addition the somewhat understaffed Coding department, while Soul Assassin joins up as an ANSI artist. Welcome to all three!
5. And we bid farewell to Dieznyik, who leaves us this month for ACiD. Good luck to him in the future.
6. Someone told us that we have a lot of fluff content in the NFO files, and I would like to take issue with that. There is never anything in this file that isn't 100% true and realistic. We would never, for example, joke around. We also include many interesting topics of world concern.
7. Syntax Error, Lord Soth, and Friar Tuck have been splitting time between their usual posts as Senior Staff, and a covert assignment in Antarctica dressing up as penguins in order to spy upon aliens landing on that frozen continent. Word from the stalwart investigative team is that the aliens are 'interesting'.
8. iCE has announced a candidate for President of the USA. Stating strong dissatisfaction with the other choices, iCE has nominated one of Egoteq's ANSI girls as the presidential candidate from the iCE party. No word yet on a running mate.
9. Please note that iCE is not taking applications for distribution sites now. Nor do we plan on adding more distribution sites. As stated in the pack distribution site file, if we don't specifically ask for applications for a certain site, do not bother applying. We've had a number of people send site applications despite the prior policy statement.
10. Speaking of sites, the current iCE BBS Headquarters, Sanctuary(tm), has a new number! (954) 7922-iCE! It will be effective Thursday, September 5.
11. A note to those interested, this month marks the one year anniversary of the current senior staff! One year of Force Ten, Friar Tuck, Lord Soth and Syntax Error. Quite an accomplishment in a scene normally riddled with instability.
12. Another stable, productive, rad month both internally and externally. iCE continues to lead and guide the scene. Keep up the great work! As always, the pride continues to grow... Until next month...