5/1996 iCE Pack
2. Our webpages were officially open to the public on 10:00p on the 15th of the month! That's right, http://www.ice.org is now a reality. We're quite pleased with the outpouring of positive comments we've received, and are confident that these pages are the beginning of something fantastic for us as a group. In the first 15 days, we had over 1.5 gigs of information transfered to thousands and thousands of new users. Congratulations to all those involved in the construction of the page, your diligence has made something we can all be truly proud of.
3. The pages.. are HTTP://WWW.ICE.ORG.. repeat.. HTTP://WWW.ICE.ORG. Is this a shameless plug? Of course not. We're beyond shame. :)
4. A very warm welcome this month to Annihilatus, Megalith, and Vesalius.. three VGA artists with very different styles among them. These three fellas will be sure to bring a wealth of high quality VGA artwork for you all to enjoy. In our ansi department, we welcome Dieznyik and his wonderfully unique personality and artistic style to the iCE ranks. He's certainly no stranger to attention, and perhaps being among the iCE family will focus the world's attention on his artistic skill. George Washington also was summoned back to life from the positive vibes we've been exuding, and returns with some old school flair. Last, but certainly not least, we welcome our old friend Cavalier to our memberlist. His presence to the group, for those who know him, needs little explanation, and we're pleased to have him back oiling our gears.
4b. On the flip side, we're sad to mention that Maestro has left the iCE ranks to persue some group entitled Quest. We never truly found out what his intents were in doing this, but we wish him the best regardless in his endeavors. In addition, we'd like to pay a quick thanks to Borian, who stepped down this month as VGA coordinator. Needless to say, he did an awesome job in this capacity, and our VGA department could be nothing but better for the wear because of the input he had. We understand the personal issues that have forced him to devote less time to his group stuff, and we look forward to his future pictures with the group. In related news, we'd like to welcome Xten as our new VGA coordinator. His leadership on the webpage as well as his long time loyalty to the group's cause makes him a natural replacement for the position. Congratulations!
5. Blunder department! We made a very big error. Our apologies to Borian for releasing an unfinished picture in last month's pack. The picture, bn-ice6.jpg, even though it looked fantastic as all of Brent's other work does, wasn't finished. Our sincere apologies for this blunder. We're awaiting our wet noodle flogging.
6. NAID: As of this writing, we just received word that one of our artist duos, that of Visigoth and Lintec, was disqualified from the contest. Needless to say, we need to find out the whole story as to what happened, but from what we understand from Visigoth, the two artists were disqualified following the judging process, after thier pic was voted overwhelmingingly the best picture by the public. We send out our support to both Visigoth, and Lintec.. and hope that thier works gets the rightful prize that they deserve.
7. Check out the k-rad .IDF memberlist this month! Super thanks to Parasite, Lintec, and Blazer for getting it up to speed.
8. Go BULLS! Here's to kicking some Sonic ass. In 4. Because we said so.
8b. iCE didn't say that because they paid us to, you know.
8c. No, it's true! We have no contract with NBA. Holy deja-vu!
9. Another superhuge(tm) thanks goes out to all the souls who worked on the various iCE related projects this month. From those who worked on the iCE pages, to Egghead, who continues to maintain our mailing list month after month, to MagneticM who once again selflessly helped out in the construction of the iCE pack. You guys are the best. The success of this group is directly attributable to the teamwork and perserverance of everyone. Keep up the great work.
10. I would like to thank all of the members of the group this month who have showed the maturity and mutual respect to always be a team even when differing opinions are discussed. I thought I couldn't be prouder of iCE, but I was wrong ... again.