11/1996 iCE Pack
2. After well over a year of service to the group, the senior staff foursome of Force Ten/Friar Tuck/Lord Soth/Syntax Error is no more. Three of the four have stepped down to member status. Friar Tuck will rejoin the coding section, Lord Soth will rejoin the ANSI/VGA departments, and Syntax Error will be a member coordinator. Best of luck to all three in their less-stressful roles! :)
3. In a related note, we grabbed two enterprising advisors and convinced them to be senior staff. Welcome Cold and Ugly and Mass Delusion to the Senior Staff of iCE, promoted from the Advisory Council! =)
4. The aformentioned promotions left a hole in the Advisory Council. Stepping up to help the group is BoA, our Logomafia king and longtime iCE member! He'll do a great job for the group. Congratulations, BoA!
5. It was reported in the IRCNews(tm) today that Aneurysm is responsible for a recent outbreak of mysterious brown goo in bathrooms in the Northern New Jersey area. The heinous sludge appears without cause or explanation, and is extremely diffiult to clean. More on this later.
6. ice.org update: the servers are back on-line with our new provider and a faster connection! The web and ftp sites are back, and shell account e-mail will be flowing again during this month. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience!
7. After carving its own splendid impression into the art scene, Apathy is no more. We're fortunate to have been able to welcome Apathy into iCE. Joining the crew from Apathy are: Misfit, P-Chan, Prizm, Trip, and Degenerit. Others may follow shortly. Welcome aboard!
8. The 3:11 commuter train pulled up this month and dropped several blanket wrapped artists to iCE's doorstep! Also joining were Noodles & Kyp in the ANSI section, and Azrael and Twitch to the VGA/RIP section.
9. Leaving this month on the same train and heading into the sunset are Snake Grunger and Egoteq. We wish them luck in their future endeavors.
10. Recently, it has been reported that iCE has been found on the dark side of the moon. This is further evidence of our universal appeal! 9 out of 10 aliens agree: iCE is out of this world!
11. We would like to take the opportunity to dispel rumours that the group is indeed a subsidiary of Microsoft with a sole purpose to dominate the art scene for Microsoft Windows 95. The pack will NOT be called Microsoft Ice (mm/yy) 95 anytime soon! We do not know who started these vicious lies, but they're not true. Right, Bill?
12. Please note that the proper term of endearment for new staffers Cold and Ugly and Mass Delusion is "newbie". =)
13. Another great month. There's been a lot of talk and a lot of bologna from all sides. But everyone stepped up and showed that iCE is here to stay! We're cool as iCE and loving every minute of it:) Congratulations to everyone in iCE!