6/1993 iCE Pack
1«. Umm.. I guess it's me again then, until we find someone else. :)
- TT [iCE (sigh) Senior Staff]
2. Once again, iCE has been in the midst of controversy this month. A suprise involving an artist lead to an eager new member returning to his old group. Golgotha, a fresh, but talented artist who joined the group only to release one ANSI, was mistakenly informed by a a non-member that he was only a trial artist. An untrue assumption. Mistakes happen, however, and he believed this, returning to his old group, ACiD. The simple fact is, we're sorry for the mishap, and would love have him and as a full member.
3. This month has been a slower month in terms of 'events' and communications and such. Graduations, finals, and term papers most likely have contributed to this. (CCi being down, of course, helps communication immensely.. smirk. -TT)
4. Until further notice, iCE is now going back to releasing all 640x480 resolution artwork in either .GIF or .PCX format. We've been trying to please everyone with this thing, yet succeded in pleasing nobody. (Refer to Aesop's fable of the Man, the Boy, and the Donkey for esoteric example) We originally coded high resolution pictures, or 'hi-res' for short (anything over 340x200 pixels) back in November of '92, and promptly recieved flak from numerous people who couldn't view the pic's due to having only 512k video cards. In the spring of '93 we released hi-res pic's in .GIF format, and promptly recieved flak, and in the case of another art group's members, biting insult for not coding the work. We were even accused of not having the capability to code the work. After that, and thanks to Wire Tap for the concept and Renegade Bithead for the execution, we coded several hi-res pic's using a mobile 340x200 'window', called Hyperview. However, just when we thought we had pleased everyone, we discovered that the artists in iCE itself were upset about this method, so upset as a matter of fact, that one of our best VGA artists, Shockwave, left the group because one of his pic's was coded that way. Not wishing to have that happen again, we've gone back to releasing uncoded hi-res pic's that people can view using their favorite .GIF viewer.
5. We would like to welcome some new artists to iCE!, They are:
Crewl Blade Raistlan Section 8 Stile Hooptie Random Violence Squirrel Skitzo Killer
6. On the note of new artists, thanks to Hooptie, Skitzo Killer, and Stile for their large number of ANSI contributions this month. We'd also like to mention The Refurbished Warrior for his numerous literary works this month.
7. Once again, the VGA team has drawn, rendered, created, coded, programmed, assembled, and organized some excellent iCE Quality work this month. We (the rest of iCE, being ANSi artists, members, and Staff) want to say that we appreciate your efforts very much. Extra-special thanks to Ford Prefect for the Touch‚ Mini-Demo.
8. iCE would like to announce the promotion of Random Violence to iCE Artist! Congratulations, and thanks for the help. May each ansi be better than your last one. (Old ANSi artist's proverb - TT :))
9. Articles are steadily being collected for the iCE Magazine. After the first issue is released, it's scheduled to come out about every three months. A monthly schedule was discussed but it didn't seem practical, first, the pressure would be immense, and second, we didn't feel there would be enough to report every month. The first issue will concern iCE, and consecutive issues will be more general with a section about iCE.
While it isn't possible for everyone in the group to produce the magazine (the whole 'too many chiefs, not enough indians' thing), we're trying to include as many iCE members as possible and get as much input from them. Please leave any questions, suggestions, or articles on Sanctuary(tm), Infinite Darkness, or Altars of Madness, or leave Felony Netmail to Force Ten and/or Tempus Thales.
10. A FOND farewell to AADA, an iCE staple in the past few months. AADA left the group due to legal problems and disagreements with some iCE members during discussions about such. We just want to let him know that the staff believes him (see his ansi, grin), and would love to have him back in. (More babes, more babes!)
11. Being that the iCEPACK is a royal [email protected]$*CENSORED*! to assemble, I'd (FT) like to recognize the following people for their assistance in yet another end-of-the-month fix: Smog, Wooden Ass, Tempus Snailz, Midsorrow Nighty, Potato Slasher, and Moonraker.
12. iCE will be setting up access to its artwork and access for chatting on Dreamline, an 8 line New Jersy public domain system. Dreamline is running The MajorBBS, and you can reach it by calling 201-765-9090. It has eight number ringdown with six 96oo baud modems, and two 24oo baud nodes. Call now and get in on it!
13. Skitzo Killer, an iCE Canadian Artist, recently had his testicles pulped during a freak bicycling accident (sabotage). Hey, Skitzo, we're all praying for your manhood! :) Actually, he's recovering quite nicely as you can see by his ansi-marathon this month. Thanks for your help, SZ!
14. There's a rumour floating around that Ginsu (Stilleto) might be doing an ansi next month...
- Force Ten & TT [iCE Staff]
Greets to: Tempus - Still going.. nothing stops tempus. he keeps going.. Eternal D - Back in the spotlight! Welcome back! Crewl Bld - What can we say? We've got high hopes, the next QS, VN, or LC, perhaps? Joker - Hey! Consistancy, and production! Another iCE staple? Skitzo - Feeling Better? Awesome work, man. Golgotha - Sorry about the mistake. America still rules tho! :) Green Ire - Yes, America still rules for you too! Metal Head- More ANSIS! Be a Staff member! Raistlan - PRACTICE man! :) Aimee Mann- For moral support :).. I should've known. Mushroom - One of the world's best hi-res. "Hey, your stuff TOTALLY sucks, but other than that it's pretty ok" :) Tank - More bricks.. soon, you'll be able to build a continent! New Boys - WELCOME ABOARD! Shinobi - Thanks for that call. (press 4!) TRiBE - Wish you guys luck, if you succeed you'll be a good example for the rest of us. ACiD - Our 'wars' are not as heated.. will they end soon? Valiant - Vaaallliant?...Anyone?...Anyyyone? :) Cavalier - Your father (Mitch) was a niCE man. AADA - Farewell, and good luck. If it turns out ok, call us! Everyone - Thanks for supporting iCE!
Thanks to all the iCE Artists and Members who contributed this month.