March, 2002 iCE Pack
1. Big news this month! Slothy made his big film debut this month in Ice Age. He plays himself in the movie, but he used a stage name for the production. We have tried to talk to him to ask about the experience, but he tells us that he doesn't have time for his fans anymore, and that he's hoping to star in his own movie next.
2. We have an extra special tutorial this month from our very own Greater Evil. The tutorial this month is on "How to make really awesome graphics." Definitely a must-read!
3. Our featured artist this month is everybody's favorite Croatian, TonchyZ. As well as having a great pic from him, we have an interview with His Tonchiness. Check it out or Mr. T will kill you.
4. We have to welcome our new member! We'd proud to welcome Trollboy to the hallowed halls of iCE. Aside from drawing phalluses, Mark also enjoys doing things that make him happy and not contracting deadly diseases. His name also never Cindy. You might recognize his art this month as being the only one to contain a schlong.
4a. Yonadaan, who joined last month, finally went nuts and submitted a mess of art this month! Since you didn't get to enjoy his amazing talents last month, I figured I'd give him a proper greet and make sure everyone notices one of our new members. Plus I owe him for losing a bet over who was the better badminton player.
5. Our sincere apologies for our server woes earlier this month. We were forced to change our network provider rather suddenly, which caused 24 hours of downtime while we switched all our DNS records to the new IP. We hope not to have to do that again.
6. We have another quilt this month. This time it's our "Digital Graffiti" quilt that nokturnal started. It turned out to be pretty cool stuff, so I suspect we're going to have to do another one soon!
7. Oh, and mad pr0ps to Trip for doing EVEN MORE ansi! W00t!
8. Just a note about Slothy here. It was his birthday on the 30th and he made a special birthday wish before blowing out the candles at his big birthday party (there was a clown, pony rides, and even songs that everyong sang along with!). So on April 9th, please go to work with no pants on, to honor his birthday wish.
Hoping you'll appear in a movie too,
Slothy and Root88
-Curious ex-ansi artist
-Zeus II, Revival
But if you look, even our very first ice pack had vgas in it. The art scene hasn't always about pigeonholing itself into a certain medium, and I don't know why the remaining ansi guys think this is true. It's always been about art in general and not ansi in particular.
Flash is bringing back the demo scene.. have you guys spent any time at forums like www.were-here.com, flashkit.com or other similar places? Seen the kind of graphics demo's that are out for Flash now?
Read some of the threads over at were-here - this is just like full-scale 1995 demo days but with Flash & OOP as opposed to assembler and Mode 13h :)
I'm freaking pumped :) It's good to see programmers and artists go back to their roots with new toys. Next thing you know, somebody will recreate TheDraw in Flash ;)
(there's a project for you)
are you outta your freakin mind to think that you think your work compares to that. your stuff here is so dull....it doesn't grab anyones attention. but this is just constructive criticizm. thanks.
You also have a limited grasp of English and your inability to use punctuation and/or capitalization is quite painful to read. (Example: "are you out of your freakin mind to think that you think your work compares to that." should probably be: "You think that your artwork is on a level equivalent to theirs?(<-- note the question mark to signify a question) Are you out of your freaking minds (since we are talking about a group of people and not a singular)?" You can't simply say "you think your work compares to that", since anything can be compared. My art compares to Dali's artwork (albeit quite poorly). I did enjoy the "thanks" though, that was cute.
If you like their art more, by all means go enjoy it. Breed and Raster both rock.
I like ICE more, breed has only one line of work everything looks the same,
i like here because i can see very diferent kinds of art, and thinking.
Of course i don´t disscuse that in breed they do have good artists, and art, everything is so subjetive in this world so...
(don't say do a Max tutorial, cause I don't know Max - only Maya and Renderman. ;)
Anyone can help a newbie like me around here?
erm..things like what programs to get, what to read,websites to visit..etc..etc
I really like to produce great graphics for my own website or flash animations.