11/1995 iCE Pack
2. Many iCE artists are becoming known in commercial circles as dependable sources of quality art. One of our VGA lords, Mascot, did a picture for "The Computer Paper"'s December issue, where the pic was used on the cover. ImageX, Tonedef, Visigoth and Devastator have strong webpage businesses, and Borian continues his many professional contract services. In addition, Necros and Basehead continue to offer their musical skills to such gaming giants as Origin, and Force Ten is still trying to get his escort service started in Botswana.
2a. Blazer is rumored to be running a Tilt-a-Whirl off I-20 in the suburbs of Memphis, TN. Look for the guy in the Jerry Garcia T-shirt with a pink goatee. Take him some elephant ears, he might let you on for a quick spin.
2b. Syntax Error has bought stock in Jolt Cola, after hearing that they'll be offering Diet- and Caffeine-Free- versions of their product. Better living through chemistry! =) (Guys, that's DOUBLE-caf Jolt.. DOUBLE caf. :) - syntie)
2c. Rumour has it that Lemonade is living vicariously through newly returned iCE persona Toxic Marshmallow's insane party habits. But, the two plan to get together sometime soon and create a new malt beverage for all to agree on, called Toxic Lemonmallow iCE-Cooler.
3. Heretics, an australian demo group, released their "Halloween" intro this past month. It features VGA art by our own Squidgalator ][. It can be found at ftp.cdrom.com as /demos/incoming/weener.zip. Friar is still wondering just what the hell a "weener" is, anyway. I guess they didn't have that term when he grew up in the Great Depression. Slothy knows what a "weener" is, according to impartial sources at the New York Times who also wish to say they never molested those animals. Syntax keeps wondering why Neurotic keeps asking him to send a picture of his "weener". Force Ten prefers not to discuss his "weener" anymore because it causes certain Senior Staff-type people from other art groups to call him a lot.
4. Some new faces showed up on the block this past month. Cold-N-Ugly didn't want to go with the Integrity merge with ACiD; and Venom, Obsidian, Amorphis, and The Night Angel came at us from somewhere over the rainbow. When Saga then merged with ACiD without asking their artists, a number of them found themselves headed for a group they didn't want to be in. This brought us Tetanus, Apox, Parasite, and Kadaver. Welcome guys! It's great to have you as a part of our family! Cat also managed to introduce us to his partner in crime, Icto.. needless to say, we liked what we saw. This really doesn't have anything to do with "weeners", you know.
4a. A bunch of corpses were resurrected this month by Syntax's continued display of medical miracles. Welcome back to Leonardo, Isosceles, Aphid Twix (also known as Aphex Twin, Ephex Trix, and Latex Twin), Shaggy, Juice, Elminster and Toxic Marshmallow. Shaggy, Aphid Twix, and Toxic Marshmallow are all former staffers, all of whom still proudly display their iCE Tattoos, which we have had redone by Catbones.
4b. Devine Styler changed his handle to Tical. In an effort to prove that we aren't all robots with no imagination, Lord Soth, Friar Tuck, Syntax and Force Ten all changed their handles to Bob. Borian changed his name to "Pepe the Lonesome Outlaw," although he wishes to be referred to as "Master of all Creatures Great and Small and even the ones in between that are Cute and Cuddly and Furry with Long Sharp Claws that I didn't really Bury Alive, Officer."
4c. Nobody quit the group, nobody was carried away by a herd of buffalo as they screamed patriotic songs of love and the sadness of war, nobody was treated for multiple stab wounds at a local intensive care ward, nobody used the word "weener", nobody attempted to overthrow the government, and nobody ingested 100 popsicle sticks and died. However, we're glad to receive the outpouring of art group telemarketing! Nice to know you care. :)
5. Once again we feel the need to explain the numbering system iCE uses for their packs. We number packs according to the date in which the art was CREATED, not the date in which the art was released. This means that this is the NOVEMBER pack. We know Lord Soth is good, and he collects art faster than a speeding bullet, but even he can't have people draw all their art on the first of the month for a release on the second. Amazingly enough, ACiD follows fairly closely to this standard; they will name this pack "acdu9512" meaning ACiD acquisition, released in 1995, 1/2 way through the month... give or give a week.. or two..
5a. Actually, as a side note, this was the original intention for numbering art scene packs way back as the scene came out of the dark ages and started using packs (around summer '92). A little bit of history for you all. The word "weener" was never really used much then, though. - Force Ten [iCE Elder]
6. Alanis Morrissette played at Friar Tuck's college this past December 2nd. He didn't go; he knew she wouldn't go down on his "weener" in the theatre. He also found himself preoccupied with some shaving cream, and a BIC razor.. gosh, I wonder whatever for.. this needless to say, didn't leave much opportunity.
7. Friar Tuck went to NJ for Thanksgiving with his girlfriend's family, and met Force Ten there. That means he's met all the current senior staff, having met Lord Soth and Syntax Error previously. Amazingly enough, he still wants to be associated with us. We're contacting therapists now.
7a. Force Ten went to the mall to meet Friar Tuck during Thanksgiving break. The hospital stay, passing out, blood, nausea, pleas for mercy, and vomiting really had nothing to do with Friar at all. Really.
8. Hi Eggy! Hope you're feeling better!
9. IRC! #ice has officially moved from the netsplit-ridden, superlagged EFnet to Anothernet, which offers channel security, 30-character nicks, nick registration, no lag, and many other benefits, including our very own Basehead is an IRCOp there, even though on this net it really doesn't matter much. Channel takeovers are a thing of the past. You can find us by switching to servers neato.org or irc.netnation.com and joining #ice. If you persist in using EFnet, your parents won't love you.
10. iCE is no longer accepting applications for a resident Fish Trainer. We appreciate all those who applied, but it turns out Necros is already an expert... We also do not need help in the following areas: Literary Expert in Charge of Writing a Biography of God, Sculptor in Charge of Doric Columns, Urinator in Charge of Writing the iCE Memberlist in the Snow, The Pope, Poultry Seducer, Leader in Charge of Gaining the Unwavering Trust of All Children, Euthanasia Expert in Charge of iCE's New Community Nursing Home, Paris Mime, and Cheesemaker. In an related event, iCE has purchased a small continent just north of Australia and we are in the process of mailing eviction notices to everyone who lives there, as we continue our plans on making a true haven for geese.
11. We wish to apologize for the tremendous amount of round letters in this month's NFO file.
12. Syntax here.. would like to take a quick second to send out my sincere thanks to.. Aphex, Apox, Borian, CatBones, Rogue Leader, Slothy, Sober, and The Green Hornet for your help in my art projects for this month.. I've never had that much fun actually drawing for a change. :) We're planning to do a lot more of these projects in the months to come, so let me know if you're interested.. the ansi for this month: us-digpt.ice, and the vga for this month: us-warhl.jpg. If you're ready for something different and creative, let me know. I think the results speak for themselves. :)
13. Also would like to congratulate all the artists for the onslaught of art we had this month. Could you imagine what would happen if we actually tried? :) Great job guys.. 3 megs of VGA, and like 700k of ansi? Lord.
14. Look for a holiday treat coming soon, guys.. :) Again, we'd like to point out that it isn't, and has nothing to do with, a "weener".
Your iCE Representatives, Slothy, Syntie, Friar, and Forcie. SAUCE00This Month's Happenings iCE Staff iCE! 19951205G( P