12/1992 iCE Pack
2. We've decided to include .GIF files with all VGA's done in hi-resolution. We had many complaints that people couldn't experience the beautiful work by Mushroom last month, and while I myself try to encourage all the VGA artists to use 3oox2oo mode, we still get a number of hi-res works. Plus, the art by Mushroom just couldn't be represented accurately in low-res. Hopefully this will make things easier even if it does take up more room.
3. The memberlist is now being abridged, and only includes active, and semi- active members. We've heard too many people flippantly say "iCE is too big", but when we ask them to explain they usually cannot come up with a good answer. The most common general idea however, is that we have too many people in the group who appear to do nothing. So, we came up with the solution of creating the memberlist which only includes members who have met the quota for that month (2 full ANSi ads, or 1 VGA for those of you not up on your iCE history). This month's list contains those guys who have done something in the last two months, or I've talked to and I know they're working on something, or some other good excuse :). We will be getting more strict on this, and hopefully the January memberlist will list only those who have met the quota for activity. Note: The virtual iCE Memberlist is much larger than the actual list here in the iCEPACK, there are many iCE members in 'layaway' that come out of hiding every once in awhile. Not being included in the monthly memberlist does NOT mean the person is 'kicked out'. Consider it a temporary demotion due to lack of activity.
'What's new' in iCE recently.
1. A couple new guys have been producing like demons, namely: AADA, and the man who's art did a complete 18o� in a short time, Killer (though some of you might know him as Kleeb).
2. Liquid Image, formerly of Legacy, is the newest addition to the gang. An artist who has dramatically improved while in Legacy joined us in one of the wierdest group changes I've ever been involved in. It'll have to be explained in an article.
3. Rivendell, the iCE World Headquarters, as well as the TCS World Hq, has temporarily become Hq for CCi while Midnight Sorrow takes a break for a month.
4. Black Wolf, Mr. Mister, and Wire Tap are working on a mondo (no pun intended) VGA production that should be out in January. Look forward to this one art lovers, it'll knock your socks off!
5. Eight Ball and Mad Hatter are also working on a demo for the new year, stay tuned to the iCE CCi discussion for more information on this one.
6. We're starting what has loosely been called the 'iCE Amiga division', and are looking for Amiga VGA artists. If you draw, or code on the amiga, and can meet our standards, get in contact with us. Note that there won't really be an 'Amiga Division', but it makes it easier to use that term for now.
7. Even more people are starting to rip Slum Dweller's (HC's) font. It's becoming a fad!
8. Buffy still drinks beer in the garage and gives head.
9. Tempus beat Quicksilver, 4 to 1, and won the bet! Now he has to make another ansi for Sanctuary(tm), oh darn! I'm so upset..laugh. You didn't want to join Legacy anyway, did you man? :)
10. Silicone Nightmare ACTUALLY couriered a bit this month.
Well, that pretty much ends December's info file.
- Tempus Thales iCE Senior Staff Member
Greets to: Vassago, who was rather miffed that I neglected to mention him in the last iCEPACK after that 1.5 meg animation. Sorry man, I hope this makes up for it. Leviathan, we'll get you that sound routine...eventually :) Captain Kaos, special greets to a member who has helped me out more than I can measure. We need more guys like you bud. Force Ten, as always. No need for detail, tho he'll probably be upset because he wasn't first..heh. Quicksilver, I knew you couldn't beat me bro, but hey! You had me worried there for a while..smile. Dreamevil and Icy-iCE-baby, Way to go guys! Great work this month! (ps. for DE: Face down, ass up! That's the way we like to fuck! laugh) Morbid Angel, long time no talk. Been trying to get in touch with you for awhile, I've been really busy, sorry. Gatekeeper, no LD..AGAIN? :) AADA, Thanks for the ansi man..I'm lovin' it.. she wasn't blonde tho! heh Venom, thanks for the call man. Black Wolf, don't change your handle..it just wouldn't be the same. Black Ire, I hear many rumors about you, but you've always been strait with me. My cat, who's bugging the hell out of me right now cuz she wants food. Nasty Child, thanks for the computer, man.
All the rest of the iCE members, you guys made it happen in '92! We pulled off one of the biggest revivals in history!