10/1999 iCE Pack
2. To quote Mass Delusion from last month's info file: "because we're not slackers, iCE will be releasing an on-time November pack..." Some will say, "[email protected] You weren't even close to 'on-time' this month! You lied!" This is not true. Why? Because this is the October pack. Next month, iCE will release the November pack (on-time, really!), even though it will be the first of December. Why? Way back in 1991, Force Ten suffered brain damage in a snow mobile accident and lost the ability accurately report times, dates, and when he needed his diaper changed. Fearing a backlash from the retarded community, iCE has kept with the inaccurate date reporting set by Force Ten.
3. As part of the server catastrophe, www.ice.org was reamed silly. Lord Soth has done an excellent job of patching things up and the functionality is quickly coming back. The Ansi interface was mostly destroyed and will be rebuilt in time along with the other interfaces that have been in the work once the site is put together again. Think Humpty Dumpty.
4. As a reminder, applying to iCE is as simple as mailing [email protected] with a sample of your best work (5 piece minimum) and a letter explaining yourself, your ambitions, and how much you will pay Fluor to draw you a naked chick ANSI.
5. Thanks for bearing with us; we look forward to celebrating our holiday season with two more iCE Packs just in time for the end of the world. Mass Delusion will be providing live coverage for iCE from Las Vegas as the ATMs fail and the aliens begin assimilation.
6. Any questions regarding the lack of art in this pack should be directed to Sinned Soul on #iCE on EFnet. We HAD a meg of ANSI, and 20 megs of VGA. But Sinned Soul thought it would be "cool" to delete it all and see if we learned our lesson about backing up data. We didn't. Go to hell Sinned Soul!
-Mass Delusion & Trip, iCE Staff