2/1996 iCE Pack
2. Hard to imagine some of the great accolades and achievments our motley crue have been achieving, you'd think that we were a dominant force in the art scene (wait a sec, that's right.. we are. :)). Our very own Tonedef has achieved great success in the commercial world doing computer animation segments for a Saturday morning cartoon show on CBS, in addition to landing a job designing some of the web pages for IBM. Kabal13, that wacky and creative VGA maniac, also delves in the world of print media, making a mixed media comic on a regular basis. More noteworthy however, he won special accolades nationally for having the best school newspaper based art project in the US... congratulations go out to him on that special achievment. Basehead, a music department favorite has just signed a 6 game contract with Origin Systems to produce musical soundtracks for your upcoming favorite games. Also Natex, a necessarily inactive iCE coder, has found happiness in the Microsoft halls. He created a CDROM that went on every seat at the Super Bowl (go Cowboys, rah rah), and is now creating "The Internet Starter Kit". Look at it in a store near you, but don't leave smudges on the shiny clean windows. That'll just create more work for the newly-promoted chief janitor, Shaggy.
3. iCE would like to announce the re-creation of our iCE Euro department! Members from the group FUEL have become willingly assimilated into the wonderful thing that is iCE. In this wonderful synergism of talent, we hope to make ourselves a more worldwide presence, which gives iCE opportunities to participate in european demo contests, and in addition, iCE welcomes a bunch of fun loving yet mature members who know how to enjoy themselves. We are truly proud to have them represent the iCE name in Europe! Welcome to: The Knight, Necrofiliac, Thrasher, Dikarpo, Tung Lo, Pooh, Night Angel, Warlord, Count Drakula in ANSI; Deep Freezer, Silver Eagle, Mabuse, Ben Hurry, Byron in Coding; Kovax!, Fred, Black Lion in Music; and Cray and Lyfe in VGA. This completes our collection of knightly names: White Knight, The Knight, The Night Angel, and Night Angel. Slothy the psychic would like to forecast a handle change next month, as it would please the Mr. Bimble, the man in Fozzy's thumb.
4. On a more serious note, we'd like to mourn the passing of Lemonade's pet gerbil to the viscious and foul-tempered ferret Smedly. We will all miss the little guy, but, for some reason though, Mass Delusion seems overly distraught. Wonder why. Hell, he even sent Syntax the plastic tubing.
5. I'd like to apologize on behalf of the minimally exceptional Lord Soth. He inadvertently created the memberlist without gracing upon it the names of Snake Grunger, Magnetic M, and Anarchy. We apologize for this heinous error, and acknowledge their activity with solemn love. Syntax would like it known that he doesn't acknowledge anything with solemn love, so a little chuckle will have to do. I also must note that Magnetic M is a trademark of MM Enterprises. All Rights Reserved. (woo! happy one year anniversary Xavier! Here's to 12 months of good times. :)) Allusion to Anarchy with permission of the artist formerly known as Shaggy (aka Old Dirty Bastard).
6. This .NFO file is 100% Fat Free and contains No Sugar or Additives!
6b. Pet peeve of the month: groups who retain members specifically for the purpose of writing up info files.
6c. Pet peeve of next month: people who make premature decisions.
6d. True fact: Force Ten was Patrick Buchannan in a previous life.
7. This month we welcome a few new members, and welcome back two others! Biscuit has rejoined the ranks of the galactic penguin turnip lords. Sparr rejoins our Euro division as he leaves that other nondescript group. And we'd like to extend a warm welcome to Rai, who joins us from the small island-nation of Kwalakazmir, which is completely ruled by Kowala bears. He sent smoke signals over to the neighbor island, Mesuckisucki, where The Emaciated Cow resided. So intoxicated by the rhythmic clouds of fanned fire, Mr. Emaciated FedEx-ed his first born child to iCE. This child of destiny has now become of age, and is known as Corpulent Cow. Pull up a couple of those barstools, we'll pour ya both a cold iCEy one.:) Just watch out for Friar, he'll offer to pay for your drink and invite you back to his place "to see the next version of iceview" (know what I mean, know what I mean, wink wink, nudge nudge).
8. The Deuce, aka Squidgalator2, will be recognized with the numerical portion of his nick intact. We apologize for any prior confusion. Mr. 2 is also known to go by the names "squidge" and "myelocardiograph". As a side note, Lemonade will now be referred to as "Man of many fingers" after the wrong table was wheeled in to have surgery performed by the slightly- tipsy Syntax Error.
8b. FYI: When we apologize we don't pull out bibles, read it, preach it, and attempt to force, by law, to abide its church, then say racist slang words, and attempt to cause inflation! We are iCE! We support anyonelseforrepublicannominationotherthanpatrickbuchanan! Of course, iCE doesn't support any major political candidates, but we do make Force Ten's opinion heard (Rick is a ankle grabbing liberal!)
10. DRINK MILK. FIFTY MILLION GOATS AND ONE SLOTH CAN'T BE WRONG.
11. BoA and Sprite chaperoned at the annual LogoMafia smoke-out concert series, where bands like Blues Traveler, The Black Crowes, Pink Floyd, and The Greatful Dead played LIVE out of BoA's VW Beetle's stereo! All LogoMafiosos appeared to be enjoying themselves.
12. Toxic Marshmallow changed his handle to Tox because he couldn't remember how to spell Marshmallow one evening and thought that Toxic was blase.
13. Ever notice how the elevator doesn't like to go to this floor?
14. Just a shameless advertisement to the newest and best web magazine out there, compliments of our very own Surreal Logic. Check it out at http://220.127.116.11/nwOrld/index.html It has probing interviews, great articles, and the latest in HTML design. We honestly recommend EVERYONE go check this out... it's what the caribou call elite.
15. Our packs will once again be found on arpeggio.res.cmu.edu and, of course, ftp.cdrom.com. Unfortunately, wit.com is down again. Look for our own FTP site in the near future.
16. We give a salute to Fire and Dark, who really have the right idea about how to run a group. We hope to work beside them in the months to come in putting our spin on the scene, and showing the world that it doesn't take a bunch of ego-ridden assholes to make good art. :)
17. Where is 9?
18. Welp, that's all folks! Another pack we're quite proud of! See ya next month! Great job to everyone in iCE who drew this month! Special thanks to TNA (who tends to rule on occasion), Apox, Lemonade, and Snake Grunger for the role you played in educating some of our newer artists..great job!
������������������������������������������������������������������������������� Force Ten Friar Tuck Lord "Boombastic" Soth Syntax Error �������������������������������������������������������������������������������