iCE December 2003 Pack
|This Month We Bring You...
... and as usual, our beloved newsletter
1. Welcome to 2003's last ever pack. We were going to release more, but then it was decided that, in fact, we were completely over the whole 2003 thing.
2. However, the passing is one of style- this month's pack is a beautiful collection of some of the finest art we've ever released, and strong representation of what's to come in 2004.
3. Whilst the drunken haze that was Christmas was lifting, we had a few people sneak into the iCE V.I.P room. As yet, we haven't been able to find them for all the crepe paper, so it looks like they're staying. Luckily, they're also brilliant artists. One of these artists is Echo Chernik (echo-x):
She's a professional illustrator of 10 years commercial experience, has been a computer graphics instructor for over five years, and is currently a member of the Society of Illustrators. She received traditional art education at the Pratt Institute, where she graduated summa cum laude, and some of her work can be found at http://www.echo-x.com
4. An end to a certainly significant era also arrived this month - ACiD released their 100th, and sadly final ever pack. This product is the collaborative result of 16 intense months of creativity and planning amongst many of the 715+ members who have been a part of our art group between 1990-2003! Included is a wide range of "lorez" textmode art, "hirez" pixel art, high-quality MP3s, and 4 of their most popular software applications complete will full source code released under the GPL. ACiD's presence on the ANSi scene will be definitely missed.
5. In another somber event, Slothy has decided to step-down from his position as senior member, owing to being incredibly busy in Real Life*. Fans of the legendary Lord Soth, don't worry, Slothy is and should always be an ice member. When and if he will be active is another question. However, his stepping down definitely marks the end of [another] era, We sure were better off when he was a complete loser. Damn you Pac Man!
6. Stepping up into the void of Slothy is Quantum-X. Simon's been with iCE since early 2001. The fact he hacked himself admin access to iCE's servers long ago meant that it was easier to promote the little blighter than change our passwords; Farmy is busy getting your shell accounts up and going. There are still spots left, email him for an account! I hear you can run bots, and spam programs on it.
7. On a more upbeat note, iCE is looking forward to a great 2004.. There are quite a few exciting projects in the works, the first of which being the new tiles coin contest. Dig out the mints and molds, because you could be forever remembered by having your own tiles coin minted! Also on the way is a new website design, and coming with that will be a lot of exciting projects.. urban art, more collaboration, and thing we haven't even thought of yet.
If you haven't sobered up from New Years yet, chances are you ain't gonna.
Raganaga, Root88, and Quantum-X
*the thing outside the window