November, 2002 iCE Pack
|This Month We Bring You...
Beginner's Maya Tutorial by Jamie McCarter
... and as usual, our beloved newsletter
1. First off, we'd like to welcome two new artists to iCE! Batting first is Zef, a very original artist whose abstract works reminds us of DaVinci's older works. Zef is a part time hot air balloon folder and he says he's keen to learn more about zero-light kalleidoscopes.
Up next we have Helm, a pixel artist who joins us from Greece. He likes smiling, Ewoks, puppies, and works on adventure games. Given the opportunity to invent a disease, he said he would really like to go with a slowly degenerative one, maybe something with more of a mauve color.
1a. We'd like to thank everyone who applied to help out with the site last month! We need to welcome our two new coders to iCE! Silicon Ghost and Oblius will be helping us out in the coming months as we make some changes to ice.org. Both of them are very talented coders and we are deeply indebted that they offered their time and energy to help make iCE even better! Welcome to the group, guys. We hope you guys have a lot of fun with us.
2. Speaking of DaVinci, he's back this month after a long haitus. His art is a bit different from his older works, but still very cool. Stay tuned for an interview with our master engraver next month!
3. Jamie McCarter has done a fantastic tutorial for beginners wanting to learn how to do rendering in Maya. It's definitely worth checking out if you want to learn a bit about Maya or you're not a 3D person and you're interested in learning.
4. I bet you thought we weren't going to mention you this month, eh?
5a. In Jamie-related news, Jamie worked on the effects in the newest Bond flick, Die Another Day. We must stress that Jamie was NOT involved in the script. He is an innocent! We look forward to the movie he's working on now, which is sure to include gratuitous breasts bouncing.
5. Sadly, all we could come up with is an interview with that Slothy guy. He gets some questions asked to him and responds or something and stuff. Next month we're giving you DaVinci, did we mention that? That should be much better - we apologize for this month's interview. Slothy sucks.
6. No I don't.
7. Bob told us that he has a sinkhole in his yard. And you do too, Slothy. V.I.C.I. from Small Wonder could kick your ass.