3/1996 iCE Pack
2. Speaking of web pages, progress on the official iCE web page has been made. In fact, during the month of April, the site will be opened to the public! We'd like to congratulate Syntax Error, Devastator, Xten, and the rest of the web team on their job well done!
3. To recap what you've just read, the new official internet sites of iCE during this month will change to the following: FTP (packs, special packs, and apps): ftp.ice.org /pub WWW (the web page - packs here too!): http://www.ice.org
4. We'd like to extend a heartfelt apology to those on IRC we sent fake packs to on April 1. We weren't ready 'till a few days later, but I'm sure they all could use another copy of the shareware version of Ms. Pac-Man!
5. Friar Tuck, Syntax Error, and myself, along with the rest of the iCE team would like to wish a (sort of belated) Happy Birthday to Lord Soth, BoA, Highness, Digital Interface, and Greater Evil, who celebrated birthdays in March.
6. iCE would like to welcome another large batch of new artists to the group! In ANSI, we welcome Grendel, Grindstone, and Zarkon. In VGA, Shiva and Stolen Faith join the happy family. Also, Lintec joins us as a member.
7. Friar Tuck announced his candidacy for President last week. He is running on the Republican ticket. Tuck, who is no stranger to the public eye, simply wants to get power in order to bomb small countries. When asked about his somewhat controversial strong-military agenda, Friar simply said "Fire! Fire! Yeah Yeah! Fire! It's really gonna happen!" over and over...
8. Rumor has it that Mass Delusion has missed the train to Mars, so he's been hanging out behind iCE Headquarters counting stars. All attempts to communicate have failed to this point. Electro-shock therapy begins on Monday.
9. The Senior Staff of iCE hereby apologizes to Kabal 13 (aka the FREAK!!!!!) and Obsidian for accidentally leaving them off of the memberlist. It was unintentional.
10. You may (or may not) have noticed LS-TIPS.ICE in the ANSI section of this pack. This Lord Soth release is not typical; in fact, it's one of a very few of it's kind, and one of the (we think) even fewer accurate and helpful. So what is it? It's the first in a series of tutorials designed to help the art community learn about and/or improve upon basic thru advanced computer art techniques. Look for more tips from iCE in future iCEPacks!
11. In an event that proved the effectiveness of cryogenics, Tempus Thales contributed to this month's pack! While his much-anticipated full ANSI is still a pack or two away, Mr. Thales was unfrozen long enough to work on a couple of ANSIs with Corpulent Cow. Will wonders never cease?
12. Speaking of Tempus Thales, his board, Sanctuary (iCE World Headquarters), will be down for a temporary period of time during the month of April. His roommate has a long-distance addiction, and spent way too much time phoning "the deuce" in Australia.
13. This month iCE has released Neurotic's retirement ANSI. A former member of the group, Neurotic has been one of the scene's more prolific artists during his tenure. Neurotic was most recently with Legend, but rejoined to release his final work. After this month, Neurotic will become inactive, and we can only hope that he will come out of retirement one day in the future. Good luck, Neurotic, and good-bye.
13. Toon Goon (a.k.a. Jae) has stepped down as co-coordinator of the ANSI department. Lemonade is now the sole coordinator of the ANSI department.
14. Greater Evil has been promoted to coordinator of the Coding department. Ever since joining iCE, he's been a constant contributor to iCE projects. Congratulations, Bob!
15. In keeping with the spirit of family cooperation, iCE proudly announces the iCE Healthcare Package, our internal health care and information service. iHP, as we call it, is automatically available to all iCE members active or inactive. Dr. Syntax Error heads up this groundbreaking new section of iCE!
16. Let it be known that Force Ten, maker of this pack and info file, now has a full head of beautiful grey hair. Poor guy's getting old, and has been saying things like "back in my day..." quite often. . .
17. Another great pack from a great group of artists who are also a great group of friends. Extra special thanks to Snake Grunger, Lemonade, Syntax Error, and Tempus Thales for their hard work in the waning hours of the pack release. Congratulations to everyone who contributed this month! See you in April!